NEW DELHI: India’s run machine Virat Kohli on Sunday claimed the top spot in the leading run-scorers list of the ongoing 2023 ICC ODI World Cup. Kohli scored a majestic 95 against New Zealand in Dharamsala to take his total tally to 354 runs from five games at 118.00 average, including one hundred and three fifties.
India skipper Rohit Sharma played a handy 46 against the Kiwis to be at the second position with 311 runs from five games. Rohit scored his runs at an average of 62.20, with the help of one hundred and one fifty.
Following the two Indians in the top is Pakistan wicketkeeper-batter Mohammad Rizwan, who has so far aggregated 294 runs from four games at an average of 98.00.
New Zealand’s Rachin Ravindra jumped to the fourth spot, after scoring 75 against India, as he now has accumulated 290 runs at an average of 72.50 in five matches. He is followed by his compatriot Daryl Mitchell with 268 runs from five games.
Most runs in ICC World Cup 2023:
- Virat Kohli (IND): 354 runs from 5 matches | HS 103* | Ave. 118.00
- Rohit Sharma (IND): 311 runs from 5 matches | HS 131* | Ave. 62.20
- Mohammad Rizwan (PAK): 294 runs from 4 matches | HS 131* | Ave. 98.00
- Rachin Ravindra (NZ): 290 runs from 5 matches | HS 123* | Ave. 72.50
- Daryl Mitchell (NZ): 268 runs from 5 matches | HS 130 | Ave. 89.33
Among the bowlers, New Zealand spinner Mitchell Santner maintained his top position in the leading wicket-takers list of the tournament. Santner has 12 wickets from five games.
India’s pace spearhead Jasprit Bumrah jumped to second spot with 11 wickets from five games. India pacer is followed by Sri Lanka’s Dilshan Madushanka who grabbed a four-for against Netherlands. Madushanka too has 11 wickets like Bumrah.
New Zealand pacer Matt Henry, who has taken 10 wickets in five matches is fourth in the list, followed by Pakistan’s Shaheen Shah Afridi and Adam Zampa of Australia, both of whom have taken 9 wickets each from four games.
Most wickets in ICC World Cup 2023:
- Mitchell Santner (NZ): 12 wickets in 5 matches, ER 4.25
- Jasprit Bumrah (IND): 11 wickets in 5 matches, ER 3.80
- Dilshan Madushanka (SL): 11 wickets in 4 matches, ER 6.13
- Matt Henry (NZ): 10 wickets in 5 matches, ER 5.10
- Shaheen Afridi (PAK): 9 wickets in 4 matches, ER 6.03
- Adam Zampa (AUS): 9 wickets in 4 matches, ER 6.19